Details of our current and past surveys can be found here.
Most surveys included a detailed questionnaire focussing on lifestyle and general health history, a number of physical measurements and tests, and blood samples were collected for biochemical, haematological and immunological analyses and DNA extraction (later surveys only). Variables available for each of the surveys listed are provided below.
The Busselton Healthy Ageing (Baby Boomer) Study (BHAS/BBBS):
Phase 1 – BHAS 2010-2015
Cohort n= 5107, adults b.1946-1964.
- download excel: BHAS Variables 2010-2015
Phase 2 – BBBS 2016-2022
Longitudinal follow up of BHAS Cohort, n = 3888.
- download excel: BBBS Variables 2016-2022
A summary of the information collected in each of the surveys held up until 2007 are provided below.
Surveys in 1994/95 and 2005/07
- download excel: BHS 1994-95 & 2005-07 Data_Summary
- download pdf: BHS 1994-95 & 2005-07 Data_Summary
Surveys from 1966 to 1987
- download excel: BHS 1966 – 1987 Data_Summary
- download pdf: BHS 1966 – 1987 Data_Summary
Updated 11 September 2023.
For further information on the surveys or to access data from more recent surveys please contact Dr Kevin Murray.